Are you familiar with dental veneers? Dental veneers are tooth restoration treatment systems designed to improve the look of teeth by applying wafer-thin shells. The shells are bonded directly to the front of teeth to improve their look and to provide an extra layer of protection. Dental veneers not only improve the look of teeth but also their function. For more benefits that dental veneers can provide, consider this:
– Dental veneers can be customized base to your individual oral health needs. This can include adjusting its shape, size and color.
– Dental veneers can last up to a decade before repairs and replacements may be required.
– Dental veneers can often help with minor malocclusions that arise with teeth. This can include spacing issues between teeth and teeth that are slightly out of rotation.
– Dental veneers can cover up stains and discolorations and porcelain versions come with the added benefit of being stain resistant.
– Dental veneers are tooth-colored in appearance and can blend well with natural teeth.
– Dental veneers are helpful for covering up teeth that have suffered oral accidents and injuries. However, veneers should not be used on extremely weak teeth that have an inadequate amount of tooth enamel.
If you require dental veneer upgrades in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, we would love to assist you. For a thorough examination to determine if dental veneers are right for you, you can schedule an appointment with Drs. Backiel and Sharkey by calling our dentist office at 267-514-8100.